Church Planting Movement
THE GREAT COMMISSION:
Go and make disciples of all nations,
– baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and
– teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
THE APOSTLE PAUL’S MODEL:
the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.
THE CHURCH AND DISCIPLESHIP
What connection does the Church have with the Lord Jesus’ commandment to make disciples?
Does the church make disciples? It depends on what you understand by “church.” Institutions and buildings do not make disciples. Neither do programs. Only people make disciples, and more precisely only disciples make other disciples. So, what is the church?
If the church is a community of disciples of Jesus, then it will make disciples; disciples which will be invited to join the initial communities, or rather to form a new one – a new, local expression of the universal Church; a new church that
- Might chose to associate with an institution, or not.
- Might have a building, or not.
- Might organize programs, or not.
- Will meet anywhere for certain religious and/or nonreligious activities.
The majority of the residents in Craiova, Oltenia, and the Balkans are true disciples of Jesus.
We are dedicated to make disciples of Jesus by:
- Evangelism – Proclaiming the full Gospel in different ways (see the example presented here)
- Bible study in small groups – towards obeying Jesus
- Mobilization and involvement – in community
- Forming new leaders – for multiplication
This could be called the facilitation of a church planting movement, but in essence it’s Rapid Advancement of Discipleship.